Sunday, April 14, 2013

Jennifer Aniston's Ugliest Haircut

When it comes to iconic hairstyles, The Rachel is right up there with the best of them: a style as synonymous with the 1990s as Farrah Flicks were with the 1970s.

When Rachel Green on Friends (played by a little-known actress by the name of Jennifer Aniston) had her mousy waves chopped into a layered shoulder-length bob, the look was at once so striking yet so effortlessly chic that it created a worldwide phenomenon, with women of all ages and nationalities rushing to the salon to have their hair cut just like Rachel's.

Rachel Green Friends hair

Despite its immense popularity - and the fact that The Rachel was largely responsible for shooting Aniston's rising star into the stratosphere - the actress recently told Allure magazine that she had always hated that haircut, and is less than thrilled when looking at photos of herself from that time.

"Have there been disasters? I think that's a very relative term with hair. Let's say there have been moments I'd rather not relive, like that whole Rachel thing," the almost 42-year-old told Allure.

"I love Chris [McMillan, her hairdresser], and he's the bane of my existence at the same time because he started that damn Rachel, which was not my best look.

"How do I say this? I think it was the ugliest haircut I've ever seen. What I really want to know is, how did that thing have legs? Let's just say I'm not a fan of short, layered cuts on me personally, so I don't love revisiting that particular era."

Jennifer Aniston on the cover of Allure magazine 
Jennifer Aniston on the cover of Allure magazine

But while Aniston herself may not have considered the haircut to be a flattering one, other women certainly did - which just goes to show how variable hairstyles truly are, and how women are their own worst critics when it comes to their looks.

One woman's fabulous is always going to be another woman's ugliest-ever, and so choosing the hairstyle that is most suited to your own face and lifestyle - regardless of its popularity - is paramount.

No comments:

Post a Comment